“Where can I buy a condo on Siesta Key close to the beach with great views that I can rent while I’m away?” I get that question a lot. Sure there are a lot of condo communities on the Key, but not all of them allow you to rent your condo out on a short-term basis, not all of them have quick beach access, and not all of them have great views of the water. So which ones DO have all of these? There are several, and here are 5 communities that I personally think are great for owners who’d like to make a little money on their vacation home or just use them as an income-producing Airbnb.
All five of these have these great features that make them easy to rent:
- Have a one week minimum rental period (as opposed to other communities that may have a one month, three month or six month minimum rental period)
- There is no minimum ownership period before renting them (in some communities, you have to own them for a year or two before you can rent them).
- Have quick access to the public beach
- Are on Siesta Key
- Are constructed of block (not wood frame) so they’re good and solid
- Some units have water views (and some don’t. so please look closely at the particular unit you’re interested in!)
- Some, like Harbor Towers, have on-site rental property managers that will handle all of the bookings, payments, repairs, cleanings, etc. for you
So here they are in no particular order:
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.