Country Club Shores on Longboat Key
There’s so much to love about Longboat Key. First, let me explain why this key is different from well-known Siesta Key. If you’re looking for a little more solitude, quieter beaches, generously wide sidewalks, and easy access to the bay, you’ve got it here. Think fewer shops and restaurants and more golf courses. And for boaters, think fewer bridges, wider canals, and deeper routes to the channels.
There’s no “bad” place to live on Longboat Key so it was hard to decide where to start, so, I’m starting at the southern end of the key on the east (bay) side with the boaters community of Country Club Shores. If you look at a map, this is basically almost 20 canals all the way from Dry Dock Waterfront Grill to the south to Putter Lane on the north end of the neighborhood.
Living on the bay side of the key gives you beautiful sunset views over the bay AND you can watch the Sarasota skyline light up as well as the often-photographed lights of the Ringling Bridge.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Homes ranging from 800k tear-downs (only a handful of these left) to $7M
- Built between about the 1950s through today
- Anywhere from 1800 square feet to 6,000 square feet
- Canal widths vary, but most are at least 50 feet wide, some closer to 75
- The Country Club Shores HOA is inexpensive at less than $150/year
- Most homes have pools and it’s a mix between lounge pools and lap pools
- Residents have easy, deeded access to the gorgeous beach on the Gulf of Mexico through the pathway at the crosswalk
- Boaters have direct access to the bay and only one bridge to the Gulf (at New Pass). No fixed bridges.
A few key things to remember:
- Boaters can build their docks up to 30% into the width of the canal and up to 500 square feet of decking
- These homes will all be in the AE flood zone, so flood insurance is required if you have a mortgage
- Newer homes generally have more hurricane protections than older homes
- Once you get here, you won’t ever want to leave. Truth!
Pre-Construction. To be built. Rarely available opportunity one in from Sarasota Bay in Country Club Shores offering stunning water views. This to be built new construction home has been designed to take advantage of the Bay views from all of the pri
Pre-Construction. To be built. Fabulous opportunity for buyers who want new but do not want to wait two years to move in! Expansive uninterrupted bay front views from this 134' wide lot. Sunset views and plenty of marine and bird life. The list price