Country Club Shores on Longboat Key
There’s so much to love about Longboat Key. First, let me explain why this key is different from well-known Siesta Key. If you’re looking for a little more solitude, quieter beaches, generously wide sidewalks, and easy access to the bay, you’ve got it here. Think fewer shops and restaurants and more golf courses. And for boaters, think fewer bridges, wider canals, and deeper routes to the channels.
There’s no “bad” place to live on Longboat Key so it was hard to decide where to start, so, I’m starting at the southern end of the key on the east (bay) side with the boaters community of Country Club Shores. If you look at a map, this is basically almost 20 canals all the way from Dry Dock Waterfront Grill to the south to Putter Lane on the north end of the neighborhood.
Living on the bay side of the key gives you beautiful sunset views over the bay AND you can watch the Sarasota skyline light up as well as the often-photographed lights of the Ringling Bridge.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Homes ranging from 800k tear-downs (only a handful of these left) to $7M
- Built between about the 1950s through today
- Anywhere from 1800 square feet to 6,000 square feet
- Canal widths vary, but most are at least 50 feet wide, some closer to 75
- The Country Club Shores HOA is inexpensive at less than $150/year
- Most homes have pools and it’s a mix between lounge pools and lap pools
- Residents have easy, deeded access to the gorgeous beach on the Gulf of Mexico through the pathway at the crosswalk
- Boaters have direct access to the bay and only one bridge to the Gulf (at New Pass). No fixed bridges.
A few key things to remember:
- Boaters can build their docks up to 30% into the width of the canal and up to 500 square feet of decking
- These homes will all be in the AE flood zone, so flood insurance is required if you have a mortgage
- Newer homes generally have more hurricane protections than older homes
- Once you get here, you won’t ever want to leave. Truth!
This custom designed home is nestled in the coveted community of Country Club Shores and exquisitely represents Longboat Key. This gorgeous home was completely remodeled in 2017. This Light, Bright, and Airy open floor plan has beautiful tiled floors
Great location, stunning views, and near-perfect boating water await in this beautiful Country Club Shores residence on Longboat Key. Boasting 100 waterfront feet, amazing outdoor space and long water views including the Sarasota skyline in the dista
Coastal Chic! AMAZING bay views throughout. Enjoy the morning sunrise while lounging on the extra large master bedroom deck and take in all the sparkling beautiful blue open water. Boating, Beach and Golfing is the lifestyle of Country Club Shores! (
Make an appointment to see this Mediterranean inspired home that boasts 247' +/- of open Sarasota Bay and canal front views. This lifestyle home offers a 27 ton boat lift, along with jet ski(s), kayak & paddleboard lift(s). You will enjoy easy access
This very personable home, with high end finishes, has an open floor plan that as you enter, opens up the great room with over 15 feet in height. This home literally has everything you need for entertainment. This beautiful home has four oversized 2n
Boaters, don’t miss this dream location on the south end of beautiful Longboat Key! Dock your boat outside your condo and enjoy direct, deep-water access to Sarasota Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. This pet-friendly, updated residence offers serene views