Country Club Shores on Longboat Key
There’s so much to love about Longboat Key. First, let me explain why this key is different from well-known Siesta Key. If you’re looking for a little more solitude, quieter beaches, generously wide sidewalks, and easy access to the bay, you’ve got it here. Think fewer shops and restaurants and more golf courses. And for boaters, think fewer bridges, wider canals, and deeper routes to the channels.
There’s no “bad” place to live on Longboat Key so it was hard to decide where to start, so, I’m starting at the southern end of the key on the east (bay) side with the boaters community of Country Club Shores. If you look at a map, this is basically almost 20 canals all the way from Dry Dock Waterfront Grill to the south to Putter Lane on the north end of the neighborhood.
Living on the bay side of the key gives you beautiful sunset views over the bay AND you can watch the Sarasota skyline light up as well as the often-photographed lights of the Ringling Bridge.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Homes ranging from 800k tear-downs (only a handful of these left) to $7M
- Built between about the 1950s through today
- Anywhere from 1800 square feet to 6,000 square feet
- Canal widths vary, but most are at least 50 feet wide, some closer to 75
- The Country Club Shores HOA is inexpensive at less than $150/year
- Most homes have pools and it’s a mix between lounge pools and lap pools
- Residents have easy, deeded access to the gorgeous beach on the Gulf of Mexico through the pathway at the crosswalk
- Boaters have direct access to the bay and only one bridge to the Gulf (at New Pass). No fixed bridges.
A few key things to remember:
- Boaters can build their docks up to 30% into the width of the canal and up to 500 square feet of decking
- These homes will all be in the AE flood zone, so flood insurance is required if you have a mortgage
- Newer homes generally have more hurricane protections than older homes
- Once you get here, you won’t ever want to leave. Truth!
Rarely available in the highly desirable Boating and Beach Community of Country Club Shores on South Longboat Key. This stunning home is just one in from the bay with amazing Sarasota Bay views, south facing providing excellent natural light all day,
Welcome to your dream home at the end of a serene cul-de-sac in Country Club Shores on Longboat Key! This exceptional end-lot property boasts breathtaking panoramic open water views of the Bay, the city skyline, and the iconic Ringling Bridge from ev
ON SAILBOAT WATER! Fully Renovated Waterfront Home in Country Club Shores, Longboat Key. This property, perfect for boating enthusiasts, features a NEW 105' concrete seawall, a NEW roof, a NEW CoolDeck® dock with a 10, 000 lbs. boat lift with power a
Plan to be “wowed” by this meticulously redesigned home in Country Club Shores, one of Longboat Key’s most coveted neighborhoods. A reimagined "jewel, " this home’s incredible makeover evokes the aura of a designer model home. Situated on a wide cana
Experience the epitome of luxurious Florida living in this updated home at 1180 Bogey Lane, nestled in the prestigious Country Club Shores on South Longboat Key. This furnished, renovated home stands out with its exclusive deeded beach access to the
Discover a realm of unparalleled luxury as you arrive at this majestic 4BR +Office, Den, and Fitness Room/5.5BA, 5, 300+/- sq. ft. property on coveted Putter Lane, a sought-after gem within the prestigious Country Club Shores on Longboat Key. The sta
Please verify times due to COVID-19
Why settle for anything less when you can have this home! No need to waste time going down a canal with your boat. Right here is the bay! Where else can you find a brand new metal roof, an 1800 bottle wine cellar that is envious, 100k surround sound