Country Club Shores on Longboat Key
There’s so much to love about Longboat Key. First, let me explain why this key is different from well-known Siesta Key. If you’re looking for a little more solitude, quieter beaches, generously wide sidewalks, and easy access to the bay, you’ve got it here. Think fewer shops and restaurants and more golf courses. And for boaters, think fewer bridges, wider canals, and deeper routes to the channels.
There’s no “bad” place to live on Longboat Key so it was hard to decide where to start, so, I’m starting at the southern end of the key on the east (bay) side with the boaters community of Country Club Shores. If you look at a map, this is basically almost 20 canals all the way from Dry Dock Waterfront Grill to the south to Putter Lane on the north end of the neighborhood.
Living on the bay side of the key gives you beautiful sunset views over the bay AND you can watch the Sarasota skyline light up as well as the often-photographed lights of the Ringling Bridge.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Homes ranging from 800k tear-downs (only a handful of these left) to $7M
- Built between about the 1950s through today
- Anywhere from 1800 square feet to 6,000 square feet
- Canal widths vary, but most are at least 50 feet wide, some closer to 75
- The Country Club Shores HOA is inexpensive at less than $150/year
- Most homes have pools and it’s a mix between lounge pools and lap pools
- Residents have easy, deeded access to the gorgeous beach on the Gulf of Mexico through the pathway at the crosswalk
- Boaters have direct access to the bay and only one bridge to the Gulf (at New Pass). No fixed bridges.
A few key things to remember:
- Boaters can build their docks up to 30% into the width of the canal and up to 500 square feet of decking
- These homes will all be in the AE flood zone, so flood insurance is required if you have a mortgage
- Newer homes generally have more hurricane protections than older homes
- Once you get here, you won’t ever want to leave. Truth!
A rare opportunity to secure a single-family home with 100’ of canal frontage that has direct access to beautiful Sarasota Bay.— A RECENTLY RENOVATED home in beautiful Country Club Shores located on the more desirable southern end of Longboat Key. Ho
Location, Location, Location! Located in the highly sought after waterfront community of Country Club Shores, this home is perfectly located on a stunning lot only 3 in from the bay. With its superb location, this home offers exceptional water views
Country Club Shores - WATERFRONT 100ft x 100ft buildable lot. Includes 2BR/2BA/1, 668sf home. Perfect location for new construction on 80ft wide deep water canal. Close access to Country Club Shores' beach access and the Longboat Key Club. Less than
Price improvement! Motivated seller! Your boating to beach paradise home awaits you in one of the most sought-after neighborhoods on Longboat Key...Country Club Shores. Coveted lifestyle and location on one of the deepest canals on Longboat Key with
**OWNER READY TO SELL**Coastal Chic! AMAZING bay views throughout. Enjoy the morning sunrise while lounging on the extra large master bedroom deck and take in all the sparkling beautiful blue open water. Boating, Beach and Golfing is the lifestyle of
Welcome to Longboat Key waterfront living! This waterfront home is located on a canal on Longboat Key, just one lot away from the bay with open waters and no bridges. A deep water canal lot ideally situated in the desirable community of Country Club
Opportunities abound in an exceptional location with this vintage Country Club Shores property, perfectly set on the coveted southern end of tropically elegant Longboat Key. Delight in the options to update the existing 3BR pool home to your taste, t
Please verify times due to COVID-19
This contemporary ranch style home is located in the distinguished neighborhood of Country Club Shores on Longboat Key. Enter through the recently updated grand entryway featuring new aluminum front doors into your own ethereal oasis. The light and a
The elegance and allure of the LONGBOAT KEY ISLAND WATERFRONT LIFESTYLE is magnificently present in the sought after community of Country Club Shores. A striking neighborhood brimming with lush landscaping, sprawling water canals & enticing residence
Looking for a 3 bedroom condo on Longboat Key priced under $1 million? With maintenance fees under $1K per month? With Sarasota Bay, a Kayak Launch and optional boat slips just out the front door? And, just steps to sandy beaches, and St Armands Circ