6 Great Reasons to Check out Cedar Creek
I admit, I drove right past the entrance to Cedar Creek for months before I finally stopped in to check it out on behalf of a client. The little unassuming sign out front just never caught my eye until my client inquired about a home in the community. The homes are all about 1500-2600 square feet with good sized lots (about 1/4 acre each; more than a postage stamp but not so big that you’ll spend all of your free time maintaining it). The neighborhood was clean, friendly, well maintained and has plenty of mature trees offering refreshing shade.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- About 200 single family homes, all built in the mid-1980s with mature landscaping
- Sidewalks meander through the neighborhood and alongside several scenic ponds and fountains, with benches to enjoy the view
- Nominal $150 annual HOA fees keep the neighborhood neat and clean while still allowing flexibility to add your own touches
- Homes are constructed of block and are in the X flood zone, giving you peace of mind during storms
- Conveniently located about a mile west of University Town Center and about a 10 minute drive to downtown Sarasota (Entrance is off University Parkway between Lockwood Ridge and Honore).
- Pride of ownership shows; homes are well maintained, many with professional landscaping, in-ground irrigation and landscape lighting.
And that client of mine who inquired about it? She bought a home here in Cedar Creek! I was there to lend a hand during the move-in and several neighbors stopped in throughout the day to give a warm welcome and introduce themselves. Truly a great place to live!
Click the red button below to see homes currently for sale in Cedar Creek and let me know if you’d like to tour one for yourself!
See listings currently available in Cedar Creek.
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.