Oh you’ll like this neighborhood! If you look at a map of Sarasota County and look for the big green space labeled Oscar Scherer State Park and then check out the northwest corner of the park, you’re pretty close to the community of Rivendell in the town of Osprey. If you love the sound of birds and the possibility of seeing wildlife, yet you’d like to be 10 minutes from the beach and 2 minutes from Walmart and Publix, this is the place to be.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- 400 acres of lakes, preserves and open spaces
- Bordered by Oscar Scherer State Park
- Great amenities including ponds, lakes, preserves, walking trail, community pool, playground, park, gazebo and close to The Legacy Trail
- Two neighborhoods within Rivendell; Woodlands are Mediterranean style homes while The Cottages are nostalgic homes with white-picket fences and front porches with rocking chairs.
- HOA fees vary depending on the sub-association but vary between $90-$325/mo
- Both the Woodlands and The Cottages were built in the early 2000s
- Prices range from about $420,000 to $800,000
- Sizes range from 1,500 sq ft to 3,100 sq ft
- Easy access to 41 and 75
- This is NOT a gated community; take a drive through and see if it’s for you!
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.