Have you seen the new, state-of-the-art hospital near the corner of Laurel Road and Pinebrook in Venice? It’s just a stone’s throw from the I-75 exit ramp, and just about 4 miles away is beautifully maintained gated community of Sawgrass. These homes, built by J & J Builders, Taylor Woodrow, and Waterford Builders in the late 1990s and early 2000s sit on beautifully landscaped lots, many with golf course, lake or preserve views and caged-in sparkling pools. Neal Communities has also built homes in the past 5 years in Sawgrass.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find at Sawgrass:
- Most homes are in the X flood zone (that’s the one you want to be in!)
- Community offers a large pool, fitness center, tennis courts, and clubhouse. Golf membership is optional.
- Low HOA fees of around $1,500 per year which covers maintenance of the common areas, community pool and recreational facilities and the gate security service.
- There is irrigation using reclaimed water throughout the community, so lawns always look beautiful.
- Homes are built of block (strong and sturdy!) with tile roofs on lots just under 11,000 square feet.
- Homes range from about 1,600 to just over 3,000 square feet.
- Located in Garden Elementary, Venice Area Middle, and Venice Senior High school districts.
- Yes, you can drive your golf cart through the community.
- If you choose the golf membership, you get reciprocity to Waterford and Capri Isles Golf Courses.
- If you choose to rent your home out when you’re not here, you can rent it for a minimum 3 month lease period.
- As always, before buying any property, verify details with the HOA, your realtor, and other trusted professionals.
Would you like to schedule a private tour of the homes at Sawgrass?
Call or text me at 941-685-5565
See listings currently available in Sawgrass.
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.