Just a short drive south from downtown Sarasota you’ll find the quieter town of Osprey. Between Tamiami/41 and the Intracoastal Waterway, you’ll find the charming boating community of Southbay Yacht & Racquet Club. Made up of single family homes ranging from $550,000 on up to $1.3M or more, each home comes with access to the Yacht club. Monthly boat slip rental is very affordable and exclusively for homeowners.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find at Southbay Yacht and Racquet Club:
- The community is all single-family homes, about 360 of them
- A five-mile walking path meanders through the community and is very popular for morning strolls
- The clubhouse has an active social calendar, with water aerobics, kayaking classes, dances, and seasonal parties
- The community-owned deep water marina offers boat slips accommodating boats up to 55 feet
- Monthly slip rental fees are some of the most affordable in Florida
- Enjoy a heated pool, lighted tennis courts, exercise room, playground and basketball hoops for the kiddos (or kids-at-heart!)
- The sunset views at the marina looking over the Intracoastal Waterway are stunning!
See homes currently for sale in Southbay
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.