A while back, a friend invited me to come to her neighborhood for our weekly “walk and talk” and it was the first time I had been behind the gates of The Hammocks. I immediately thought of my Sarasota Neighborhoods email series and blog and I KNEW that many of you would love this neighborhood. Not only is the location fantastic (just a few miles south of Lakewood Ranch but with NO CDD fees and low HOA fees!). The solid, well-built homes and wide lots with gorgeous curb appeal really caught my attention. What’s even better is that almost every house has it’s own private pool and 3 car garage, so there’s lots of room for vehicles and toys.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find in The Hammocks:
- 3, 4 and 5 bedroom single family homes
- 194 homes, most of them built around 2001-2006
- Sizes range from 2300 square feet to 5700 square feet
- HOA fees currently $130 per month (as of 2022)
- Gated community
- Located just east of I-75 off Bee Ridge Extension in Sarasota County
- NO CDD fees
- Block construction, X flood zone (that’s good!)
- Gas (for cooking, hot water heater, clothes dryer, pool heater, etc.)
- Most homes have private pools and 2-3 car garages (most are 3 car)
- Currently priced between $800,000 to $2M
Do you know anyone else that might be interested in The Hammocks? Pass this on to them!
Hope to see you soon! Call me when you’re ready to house hunt!
See listings currently available in The Hammocks.
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.