Drive through The Lakes Estates in Sarasota and one of the first things you’ll notice is the well maintained homes and landscaping. Often times, communities with sprawling mature trees and flourishing tropical plants can look overgrown in this fertile, humid tropical weather. In The Lakes Estates, you get all the mature landscaping that blooms and blossoms all year round AND looks well trimmed and professionally designed.
Near the corner of Bahia Vista and McIntosh, this community rests behind a privacy berm so it’s easy to miss unless you’re looking for it.
What do residents think of their own neighborhood? I found out. Being a realtor, you can’t be afraid to knock on a few doors. I knocked on about a dozen doors and asked homeowners how they like the neighborhood. Hands down, you’ve got happy homeowners here. They love the neighborhood and many told me about things they’re recently done to upgrade their homes. When you hear of homeowners making improvements to already-beautiful homes, you can be reasonably sure the values will continue to rise.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Built in the 1980s, many have been renovated
- 1,800 to 3,200 square feet
- At least 3 bedrooms and a 2 car garage
- Priced between about $490,000 to $850,000
- HOA fees about $110 per month
- Amenities include two tennis courts, a community pool, a newly remodeled clubhouse, several community lakes and walking trails
- There are also cute and cozy condos available toward the north end of the community usually priced around $275,000 to $380,000
If you’re looking for a single-family home with a yard large enough for family gatherings and you prize the lush landscaping and friendly neighbors, take a drive through The Lakes Estates. You can always find current listings for the Lakes Estate here.
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.