There’s nothing quite like a newer home where everything looks crisp and neat and you can simply enjoy your home. One of the most frequent questions I get when showing new homes is “are there any communities with newer homes AND large lots?” Let’s face it, most of the new homes are on smaller lots, and if you like a little breathing room, Vilano is the place to be.
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Just east of I-75 between Fruitville and Bee Ridge Rd (near the Big Cat Habitat)
- Built in 2015-2018, about 80 homes total
- Home sizes from 2300 to 4200 sq ft (most are around 3200 sq ft)
- Block construction (nice and solid!)
- Most if not all, are in the X flood zone so not likely to flood
- Open concept with tall ceilings and many have 3 car garage
- Most have large screened lanais and gorgeous private pools
- Prices range from about $600k-$1M
- Sarasota County, on public sewer and water
- Homes are on beautiful one-acre or larger lots
- This is a gated community
- Built by DR Horton; these homes are part of their top level “Emerald” series
- No CDD fee
Ready for some room to breathe? Check out what’s currently for sale in Vilano!
See listings currently available in Vilano.
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.