I can’t wait for you to check out Waterside Place in Lakewood Ranch! Think of it as a modern twist on the traditional downtown shops and restaurants, but oh so much more!
It’s been in the works for a while now and while the shops aren’t quite open yet, you can still check out the already-popular farmer’s market on Sundays from 10am to 2pm. I stopped in earlier this week and sure enough, there’s plenty of training going on inside the shops!
This part of Lakewood Ranch is in Sarasota County so it’s south of University Parkway and east of I-75 and it’s right on the water’s edge at Kingfisher Lake.
Keep an eye on this place, it will be a huge hit!
Here’s the skinny on what you’ll find here:
- Boutique style marina with restrooms and kayak rentals, and a day dock for those taking the ferry
- Plenty of great spots to lounge and relax with a bite from one of the many shops and restaurants (soon to be open!)
- Tot lot and Splash Park (to be built)
- The Yard – a place by the water to challenge your friends and family to a friendly game of cornhole!
- Future home of the Players Centre for the Performing Arts
- Lawn space, perfect for yoga classes
- Two communities border Waterside Place: Lakehouse Cove and Shoreview. Call me if you want more info on these neighborhoods! There are also some rentals and senior living available.
- Shops, restaurants, studios, and LOTS of outdoor seating. Not just any outdoor seating, we’re talking sofas and comfy chairs overlooking Kingfisher Lake!
Keep an eye out in early 2022 for store and restaurant openings at Waterside Place!
Get Sarasota Area Neighborhood feature articles like this sent straight to your inbox, subscribe here.